Become a Member
Why join OMTRA?
As the professional association exclusively for Ontario’s municipal tax and revenue specialists, OMTRA provides a wealth of relevant resources to help you in your role and your career.
OMTRA members enjoy a wide range of benefits, including access to:
- Networking opportunities within a tight-knit community of approximately 500 professionals, including member-developed resources, templates and forums
- Educational and training opportunities including the Municipal Tax Administration Program (MTAP) through Seneca College
- Opportunity to apply for Certified Municipal Tax Professional designation (CMTP)
- Professional development workshops, committees, focus groups and survey participation, with discounted registration at spring and fall events
- Job boards and volunteer opportunities
Every OMTRA member also automatically receives a subscription to our eVoice newsletter—full of news, facts, event listings and job postings for municipal tax and revenue specialists.
OMTRA annual memberships are valid from January 1 to December 31 each year. Please note that after your first year of membership, fees paid after the stated due date will incur an administrative late fee of $50 plus HST.
Any full or part-time employee of a municipal corporation, municipal utility provider or school board in Ontario who is engaged in tax or revenue administration, billing, and/or collection or municipal finance.
Any employee of a municipal corporation, utility provider or school board in Ontario involved in tax, assessments, utility or revenue billing, collections or administration;
OR, any employee or owner of a company or bureau that may be contracted or authorized for municipal revenue, tax or municipal utility billing, or collection duties;
OR, any member of the provincial government or government employee in a branch of service that recommends policy or laws related to municipal tax collection, municipal utility administration or municipal revenue;
OR, any member or officer of an affiliated municipal association.
Any municipality, school board or other realty taxing authority
When you apply for corporate membership, please provide a list of up to 12 individuals as members to be included at the time you pay your dues. Each named individual must be a full or part-time employee involved in the administration or collection of property taxes, assessment, municipal utilities or municipal revenues.
Member lists are valid for the one-year membership period and can be updated on renewal or following any change of a named individual’s employment status (e.g., resignation, retirement, termination, reassignment or leave of absence.)
Any individual who is unemployed or in receipt of employment insurance benefits and who, immediately prior to being so, was:
- A member in good standing of OMTRA; and
- Employed by a municipal corporation or a local board or by a government organization directly involved with the activities of a key service area
Eligibility as a Member in Transition will be limited to a maximum period of two years, with the first being the year in which the member became unemployed or began to receive employment insurance benefits.
Total: Free for first year of transition
Any member of OMTRA who has retired because of:
- Reaching retirement age
- Medical reasons
- Downsizing, municipal amalgamation or reorganization
To be a retired member you must not be receiving any form of remuneration from a municipality, except as the result of being elected to a municipal council.